Thursday, April 06, 2006

Random thoughts

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive -Robert Heinlein

It's one of those slow days again. Or maybe my days just seem slow because they aren't exactly activity-packed. I've read two novels in two days. Both proved to be pleasant reads and time flew by while I was engrossed in them. A minor diversion. And now, out of sheer desperation, I'm actually thinking of digging out my Add Maths workbook and 'indulge' in a few hours of brain torture.

Besides that, I'm dreading my next driving lesson. It's official. I loathe it. I loathe everything that has to do with learning to drive. I loathe the slopes, I loathe the parking with those awful, spindly poles, I loathe loathe loathe ! Period. Don't get me wrong though, I love driving, I sincerely do, I just HATE my instructor and I'm positive, based on my female intuition that he positively loathes me too. It's just a matter of time before I murder him, that is if he hasn't already wrung my neck before that. Seriously though, I've been stemming the urge to floor the accelerator just for the heck of it. Ha ha, I remember my music teacher telling me that he'll be nicer to me after that. Too bad he has a brake on his side of the car. Well, it never hurts to dream. I wish my Cantonese was better. Then at least I'll be able to 'communicate' with him. At least I'll be able to stand for myself and not just take his verbal abuse like a witless idiot. Sigh, two more lessons, 4 more loooong hours before I get to attempt at the test and get the coveted P license. Well, in all honesty, he ain't all that bad. I'm just feeling really moody right now. And irrational to boot. Oh, and it's funny how people forget my name after some time. I become 'girl' or 'wei' after a few days......sigh. I'm just made to be forgettable eh?

Right now, I'm having a really bad headache. It's been nagging at me all morning. But, in typical me style, I'm sitting in front of a computer screen, absorbing whatever harmful rays thus intensifying my headache. I've just taken leave of the better part of my senses. Masochistic in a way. By the way, I thought the above quote was really ironic. Caught my attention. In the future, I think I'll be posting quotes before each post. However irrelevant they may be to the topic.

Alright, I'm gonna go take a rest now. I'm having trouble opening my eyes against the throbbing between my ears...

Au revoir

1 comment:

stmaverick said...

This is cool. We're so alike in so many ways. My Cantonese isn't exactly up to standard either. Guess that makes us both semi-bananas. :P

Well, let's face it. Things will be so much easier after you get your license. Besides, there's a first time for everything! Anyway, all the best of luck to you in your driving test... if you could do the PSD interview, this shouldn't be too much of a problem... haha.

Cheers!

~verus rara avis~