Monday, April 10, 2006

If

Anybody who is happy all the time needs a psychiatrist - David A. Christensen.

If I could have one special power, I'd want the ability to control time, being able to slow it down when it rushes too fast and to speed it up when it crawls. I wouldn't want to be able to foresee the future, that will take away the fun of surprises, be it pleasant or unpleasant.

If I were to choose a vacation, I'll choose one by the beach, where the waves sing their wistful song, the sun smiles down, and the wind teases my hair. All good things in life are to be shared and no vacation is complete without having a companion, so I'll bring that special someone along or my best buddy.

If I could be anything, I'd want to be a butterfly. It's one of nature's big surprises that sluggy caterpillars grow to be so beautiful and graceful and though their lives are short and fragile, they flutter around, bringing beauty,colour and life to gardens and live among flowers.

If someone were to ask me what I would like to be like when I grow up, I'd say I want to be courageous and kind, sophisticated and able to stand my ground, witty and intelligent. But most of all, I'd want to be myself. Not to be influenced by others from changing who I already am.

If I were granted a wish, I'd wish for complete happiness for everyone in the world. Life can be so empty without that spark of happiness. If everyone is happy, there won't be wars, there won't be heartaches, there won't be sorrow or tears. Happiness is greater than any treasure ever bestowed upon mankind.

If I make someone my everything, then how will I be able to function when that person walks out with my everything?

If I could change something about myself, I'd want to be less vulnerable, to be firm and not be pushed around so much. I want to be able to speak my mind.

If someone asked me whether I would trade my brother for a sister, I'd say hell, no ! As it is, he's already both and I met a friend who has become the sister I never had and much more.

If I were asked whether I believe in love at first sight, I'd say no, I believe in attraction and infatuation but not love at first sight. Love is something much deeper, it's not something to play around with because it involves another person's heart and as we all know, they're easily broken cos they're more fragile than glass.

If I could play the piano better, I'd want to be a pianist. I harboured a secret wish to be a writer, but all I'd probably write would be this blog.

If there's something I really hate, it would be having someone control me in any way. I don't appreciate someone dictating what I should and shouldn't do, what to think and what not to think, where to go and where not to go. I like having my own thoughts and doing what I like. Sometimes, I wish those people would get a life of their own, then they can stop planning other people's lives for them.

If I were asked to describe dreams, I'd liken sweet dreams to clouds. White, fluffy and ethereal. I think life is like our wondrous sky. The sun lets us see the light, stars let us believe in miracles even when things look dark and bleak, and after the stormy turbulence of bad experiences, a rainbow is the arch of joy that sets things straight again.

If I weren't so bored, then I wouldn't be sitting here wishing and dreaming and thus this post wouldn't have existed and you wouldn't be subjected to read this flow of nonsensical blabber.

No comments: