Thursday, November 29, 2012

Idyllic

Waking up in the warm security of your arms, your gentle breath whispering against my ear, I'd stay still awhile just to keep that moment close. There is beauty in staying still, in savouring. 

Stacks of warm pancakes, maple syrup running off the edges escaping in fluid sucrose rivers. Fluffy, syrupy goodness, an orchestra of textures and tastes. We'd throw some berries on it, I'd tease you about the tangy berries, and you'd tell me to load up on Vit C. 

Lazy quiet afternoons. Favourite tunes on the stereo. Curled up reading and getting lost in far away worlds.

Long, slow walks in the park. A quiet breeze ruffling invisible fingers through my hair, I'd cuddle closer to you. There's a picnic basket, a bottle of wine and some pretentiously fancy sandwiches waiting on a cozy blanket. We'd watch the sunset over the horizon, and talk of distant futures.

Inky dark skies, twinkling starlight, nestling in the crook of your arms, we'll listen to crickets sing the music of the night, a steady lull, I'll close my eyes and drift away. 

Dreams. We all dream. Existence, is idyllic. 


Luang Prabang, Laos
September 2012

No comments: