Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Redirecting gazes

The whole of last week was rocky and made me question way too many things. I admit I was discouraged, looking at how people who are supposedly Christians behave. But then I realized how terribly wrong I was to think that way. 

The thing is , humans are flawed, I should know, for I'm one too. Only God is perfect. I need to remind myself that no matter how much someone has hurt me or caused me black, un-Christianly thoughts, I need to remember that through it all, the only constant remains to be the Holy One. Only He is blameless, flawless and the embodiment of perfection. And it was wrong of me to lose faith in Him simply because I made the folly of allowing the shadow of men to shade the greater light of heavenly grace. 

I love this song. Especially this verse :

For every time I pray, 
The mountains are removed, 
The paths are made straight, 
And nations turn to you.




Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart.I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yoursBut when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.” - Mark 11:22-25

2 comments:

Elin said...

Hey...I love this song too. I am so glad it spoke to you and me that morning !!! PTL

Prayers will do the things my hands cannot do :)

Take care and God will bless you always...just have faith and only God is the perfect ONE !

Momsie

Small Kucing said...

there are so many kinds of people out there. Some are like wolf in sheep skin. It takes time to know/recognise them.

Dont be discouraged. There is a chinese saying that goes fall down one time, grow one time.

Take care