Monday, June 06, 2011

Pride and Practicality

This article is sad only because it's so true

What I really don't get is this :

If you're marrying someone for money, stature or property,
How different are you from the women you scorn for standing on street corners soliciting business ?

All I know is I have two hands,
two feet
and the last time I checked my brain's still fully functioning.
Why then would I need someone to feed me, clothe me and provide a roof over my head when I can very well work for what I want ?
But then again, perhaps that's just me ..

Women who are overly dependent and duct tape clingy irritate me
I only wish they knew how far back they're setting the rights that women throughout the ages have been fighting so hard for.
Whilst we may not need those rights, or have taken them for granted,
there are people in other parts of the world who would so love to have that little inch of freedom to escape from prostitution, adolescent marriage and domestic violence.
But like I said, perhaps that's just me ..



I asked a Burmese why women, after centuries of following their men, now walk ahead. He said there are many unexploded land mines since the war. - Robert Mueller

2 comments:

suituapui said...

"Women who are overly dependent and duct tape clingy irritate me." Can't start the whining, act-dumb-and-thinking-they're-so-cute-type as well...

JoV said...

Well said Joanna. I wouldn't call myself a feminist but I was brought up to know that I am capable of making out on myself.

I can't stand women who leech on wealthy men.