Saturday, December 22, 2012

I'm falling for your eyes, they don't know me yet

A crowded street, a cacophony of sounds, sights and smells, and then I saw you. In that one instant, the world stood still, the air bristled with tension and the street tilted, pushing a part of my heart in your direction.

Perhaps it was the shifting shadows, or that one instant flash of recognition, but I looked away, just as you turned around. That look in your eyes before it skittered away .. I wondered what a day in your life looked like. Did you have someone at home waiting for you ? Did you kiss her in the morning before you left the house ? Will you be cooking dinner together, sipping a glass of wine while you trade the details of the day ? Do you plan of distant futures, do you laugh at the same jokes, do you vocalize the secrets she buries in her heart, do you ? 

Because stranger, I'm falling for your eyes, they just don't know me yet.



***

This is the first in a series of something I've been wanting to do for a while now. Take a sentence of a song and weave a story. I'll be doing this more often. Stay tuned.


*Disclaimer : Some of the stuff posted here are mere works of fiction. Sometimes an inspiration becomes concrete in a fictitious story. Sometimes fictitious reasonings become reality. Who's to say for sure ? *wink*

No comments: