Thursday, April 08, 2010

Mischief and a Weak Will

They say a picture paints a thousand words...so here's two :


I know I look a little maniacal with my loot, but without further ado ..I'm cuddling : 

The Hour I First Believed - Wally Lamb
Half of a Yellow Sun - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel ( It was calling my name !! ... I.just.couldn't.say.no)
The Enchantress of Florence - Salman Rushdie 



I am a book thong. In the crack of a book is where I belong ... 

Whilst at the counter waiting for the cashier to ring up my sinful indulgences purchases, I caught sight of this sign, above a rack full of wispy, delicate looking ribbons adorned with beads on each end. Highly tempted to bring one home with me, imagine my glee when the very nice cashier said that upon signing up for a new membership, I'm thus entitled to a book thong ... wishes do come true !! (or maybe she saw me casting pitiful, longing puppy eyed looks at the rack and took pity ...... = p ) 

10 comments:

smallkucing said...

ya i love their book thong too :)

dr1/6 said...

book thong! hahaha :)

oh, reading. i can't wait to get back to that once the holidays start.

enjoy your books jo!

JoV said...

You certainly look adorable with your picture and the books! Do you actually bought all of them?!! You lucky girl!

I tried Wolf Hall and couldn't get into it. Maybe I was just too stressed up then. Can't wait to hear what you think about it.

Which bookshop is this? MPH?

Joanna said...

@Kathy :
Lol, I just feel like going and collecting one in every colour ! haha ...

@Sarah :
Lol. The book thong has a beautifully inventive name huh? When are your hols starting? Summer?

@Jovenus :
Hehe, yup, I bought them..but they were going for pretty affordable prices . I got them from this bookstore, BookXcess (www.bookxcess.com) and when they have book sales, oh boy do I go a little crazy ... :p the books go for a song !

I will definitely share my thoughts on Wolf Hall once I've devoured it through and through :)

suituapui said...

Wonder why they call it a thong... Certainly conjures certain images in the mind. Muahahahaha!!!

Joanna said...

@STP :
LOL. Because it fits so snugly in the crack of a book ! hehee

JoV said...

I know about BookXcess!! I was checking them up when I thought of sending a book to a friend in Malaysia. Quite a great stock they have, I was looking for Jhumpa Lahiri's novel "Intepreter of Maladies" Pulitzer prize winner 2000. and they have it.

I thought you really know how to utilise your Ringgit spent as you have chosen all those THICK books, chunksters!! hahaha:)

Anyway today I visited UK book chain Waterstones, and was admiring those double clip magnetic bookmarks... great stuff.. let me know if you like to have one! :)

owl_order said...

aw, look at how happy you are with your books!

suituapui said...

ROTFLMAO!!! That's a good one!!!

Joanna said...

@Jovenus :
Haha, BookXcess does have a great selection of books and they're all so very affordable !

Ooh, I love thick chunky novels..something weird in me thinks that you need lots of pages to develop depth of character so that the reader is able to identify with the characters portrayed ...that and also utilizing my RM to the max! lol.

@Wen Qi :
LOL. I am happy indeed ! Hahaha

@STP :
Tee hee :)