Monday, June 18, 2007

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful

How many times have we stopped counting our blessings? How many times have we forgotten about others and whine about nothing at all. I do admit to having my habitual bouts of 'depression' and getting all hyped up and emotional over nothing.

I admit to being a really weak Christian. In times when my faith is challenged, I break under the pressure of it. But no more. This is a war that Satan is never going to win. Oh, how many times have I allowed satan to invade my thoughts and poison their flow. How many times have I allowed that little voice to whisper 'What if".

Have you ever bargained with God? I remember being young and when grandma was ill, I did a lot of bargaining. I promised to be good, I promised to be obedient, I promised everything that the 10 year old me could come up with. And then I had a series of awful dreams whereby one by one the people around me left. But as the years progressed and after making countless mountains out of mole hills, it dawned on me that we all already have the bargaining chip in our palms. Faith. All God seeks is faith and the path will be clear.

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. It's in conquering all our daily fears. Little victories that bring great impact. It's in waking up every morning and being able to see the sun come up. It's in every easy breath we take while some are suffering even for the next breath. It's in being able to hear the voice of your loved ones. It's in taking those little steps that is the beginning of a victorious journey. A lot of people view trials as punishments, but maybe sometimes it's just a test. God will never give us something we can't handle.

I was surfing and I came upon these verses. God does speak through various ways.

We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed. - 2 Cor 4:9

He gives me new strength. He leads me on paths that are right for the good of His name. -Ps 23:3

In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. - Proverbs 3:6

I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don’t let your hearts be troubled or afraid. -John 14: 27

The Lord helps those who have been defeated and takes care of those who are in trouble -Ps 145:14

May they give you as much comfort as they gave me

No comments: