Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Randomness

Wow, it's been a while since I last blogged. Work's been piling up recently. In the blink of an eye, the final semester examinations have finally come knocking on our door. And, I've still got loads to study and I'm still sitting here, blogging when I've honestly got nothing much to blog about. Alright, maybe I do have some thoughts buzzing through my mind but I can't put them into words for now.

A few things about studying here..:
- I've used so much more Cantonese than I ever did the rest of my life.
- I don't remember eating so much Malay food prior to coming here this. I used to be picky and all.well, people sure change.
- Sometimes it hits me that I've been living 'independantly' for almost 3 months now. It's something big for me since I've never left home prior to this. Thank God for a roommate who can be as crazy as me at times. Chatting till the wee hours of the morning about anything and nothing...
- My English seems to be deteriorating as the days pass. To remedy this, Kim and I have started or at least attempted to speak using the most complex words as possible to substitute simpler words whenever we converse, effectively causing eyebrows to raise whenever we launch into our litany of 'thesaurus-obtained' words.
- The sunsets here are simply breathtaking ! Or maybe it's the same everywhere but I only realised them here since I've got so much time on my hands and nothing to do.
- I discovered I'm pretty much afraid of everything. Enough said.
- I've come to the conclusion that Ipoh food rawks. KL food....let's just leave it at that.

I think that's all I can purge out.
Till 'inspiration' strikes next,
Aloha !

No comments: