Sunday, July 30, 2006

Update on life

Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief- Marcus Tullius Cicero

At last, a proper update. First of all, my apologies for the very belated entry. I've been suffering the aftermath of the latest 'tsunami'. She goes by the name " by-product of that vice called Procrastination". I've been plodding through two fantastic weeks laden with exams and assignment datelines, topped with late nights and natural mascara. How utterly refreshing.

I'm back in Ipoh for the weekend. Home never felt so good. By Friday, throughout lab, I was praying time would pass faster and I groaned inwardly everytime my lecturer dragged on with his lenghty, not so interesting lecture. (when are they ever interesting?)

In the blink of an eye, the weekend has passed and it's time to head back to KL. I spent a wonderful afternoon out today. Besides, I met Fiona and caught up on life. It feels so weird that now we're out of school, and don't meet each other every morning anymore. I found out that a lot of my friends have been doing well in Form 6, how times have changed. I find it hard to believe that we're the same girls who used to wreck havoc in class, skip classes and play with leaves and flowers,hide in the toilet to skip assembly, and had so much fun! Now, we're all grown up and going our separate ways but deep in the recesses of my mind a permanent memory has been embossed. My past, present, and future, all interlinked to form an interminable chain.

I don't really want to go back to KL. Not at all actually. Deep down, I'm an Ipoh girl through and through. My roots have been planted here and to uproot me would simply spell disaster. Fiona asked me today whether I miss Ipoh. Yes, I do. I miss my hometown so much,terribly, and badly. I know I'll never be a KL-ian. I'll just adapt but never accept.

I guess that's all I have to say. In other areas, life has been going well for me. haha, go deduce that yourself.
With that, I'm signing off...

Tata and pleasantess dreams.

No comments: