Friday, September 04, 2009

Kids say the sweetest things


Today's Smile-Inducer : Love. Yes yes, it's that much talked about elixir to eternal happiness, miracle drug for every ailness and the essence of all twirly, sparkly things...

I got these in an email. So, take a few minutes off your hectic end of the week schedule and check them out. Highly recommended if you're looking for a dose of toe-curling-warm-sparks-of-cutesies.

"What does love mean?" This is what a group of 4-8 year olds thought.

  • When my grandmother had arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore, So my grandfather does it for her, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love - Rebecca, 8
  • When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.You just know that your name is safe in their mouth - Billy, 4
  • Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other -Karl, 5
  • Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French Fries without making them give you any of theirs. - Chrissy, 7
  • Love is what makes you smile when you're tired - Terri,4
  • Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. - Bobby,7 (My favourite)
  • Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well. - Tommy, 6
  • My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.- Claire, 6
  • Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day. - Mary Ann,4
  • I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her clothes and has to go out and buy new ones. - Lauren,4
  • When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you. -Karen,7
And the last one is special. It's from a 4 year boy whose neighbour was an elderly gentleman who had just lost his wife. Upon seeing the old man cry, the little boy went into the elderly gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap and just sat there. When his mother asked what he had said to the neighbour, the little boy said "Nothing, I just helped him cry".

I think innocence brings out that special quality we all tend to lose as we grow older and more jaded. We need to bring out the child in us more and the world would be a better place. Simple solution I know, idealistic but let me be a child today and ask "If all it takes is love in this world, why can't people love more than the image in the mirror and make this a better place?"

3 comments:

Elin Chia said...

Hi Jo,
When u were small you too said the sweetest things.... LOL!

owl_order said...

the second last one was so... =.="

Joanna said...

@Elin :
Hahaha so I've heard, so I've heard

@Wenqi:
Ya ! So cute kan the little girl? That one really cracked me up.