Wednesday, April 01, 2009

When silence isn't welcome...

The way my house is structured is really funny. The reason I say this is because my bathroom window acts as some sort of funnel which amplifies any sound and this can be heard from my neighbour's house. I know this because whenever the kids next door get into a squabble they enjoy tormenting their youngest sister by locking her in the bathroom and the poor kid'll be screaming her lungs out. 

So, whilst taking a shower today, World War 3 or4 or 5 or 6 or 99 (I've since lost count) erupted next door. With aunty-and-uncle-next-door playing referee, I suddenly decided to sing this song we used to dance aerobics to when I was about 13? 14? It's a catchy tune really, one that gets your feet tapping and heart racing. And the only part I remember is the chorus which goes like this

Boom boom boom boom
I want you in my room
To spend the night together, 
Together in my room....

And so there I was, singing the chorus over and over again, each time louder than the last. It was then that I belatedly realized something. The bathroom next door, Had. Gone. Utterly. Silent. 

=.=" ( I swore never to use emoticons like these in my blog but I think this occasion warrants an exception...)

Looks like I don't need anyone to make an April's Fool outta me.....I've gone and done a pretty good job of it myself...

Happy April's Fool everyone !! 

No comments: