Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grim

Some time back, I read Dominique Lapierre's City of Joy. I remember crying at parts, cringing at most , and generally felt uneasy reading the memoir of a foreigner in his adopted city. But like one does with seashells picked up from the shore, I was fascinated and mulled over some of what I read and tucked the rest at the back of my memory.  

This report and this story brings it all back. There really are no words to describe how grim and evil the world can get. Whilst I may never understand the fear of living with abusive men, or of getting blasts and blows instead of hugs and kisses, I can only hope to remember how privileged I am to have an education and the ability to stand on my own two feet and fight back. And owning the precious knowledge that when all else fails, someone has got my back. 

Oh, and by the way, it is the chromosome from men that determines the sex of a baby. When will they EVER get that ??!! Numbskulls. 

If you don't change your mindset, it doesn't matter how advanced your technology progresses, or how rich your economy gets ...  a barbarian will always be a barbarian. And turning a blind eye and a hardened heart makes us as privy of the crime as the perpetrators themselves. 





I love this saying : 
" Your life may be the only Bible some people read" 
Great way to put being an exemplary child of God in context eh :) 

1 comment:

suituapui said...

Yes, they will know we are Christians by our love!