Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

It's that time of the year again, when we go overboard, eat too much, drink too much, overdo stuff, and spent way way too much....But hey, it's all goooood.

The year of the dog has arrived, barking it's way in without much preamble. Reunion dinner was spent at home with my relatives coming over. There was so much food on the table and even more leftovers! And I know it's way too late to post my new year greetings but i was too busy eating *ahem* I meant working to come blog.

Chinese New Year day itself was spent working at the deli. I mean seriously working. It's funny how we take certain things for granted. Like visiting relatives during Chinese New Year, collecting 'ang pow's and stuffing yourself with new year goodies. This year, I missed all that, the fellowship, the jokes, and brimming laughter. But enough of all that, I've decided to list the good points of celebrating Chinese New Year,in my opinion.

  • first point of course being the ang pows...mmmmm...money!
  • the food! new year must haves...cookies and stuff i don't even know the names but tastes heavenly once in your mouth.
  • you get to make your new year resolutions all over again. Having broken almost all my new year resolutions, I get the chance to make them again and suffer the pleasure of breaking them yet again....:P
  • the chance to rot in front of the loyal idiot box, watching chinese movies and awards. Most of the time I don't get what they say because my chinese sucks, but it's the novelty of this once in a year thingies that draw me to them....
  • new clothes and make up !
  • You get 15 days to fill yourself up, have enough of the new year celebrations before you pull out of your holiday slackened self and get off your arse to start working your butt off, waiting for the next year to come round, where the whole whirlwind of activity repeats itself all over again...
There's another 11 days to go, so before that time's up, enjoy yourself, and have a properous, good year !
Happy Chinese New Year to all !

No comments: