Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pre-birthday a.k.a excuse for cake

Hiya !

Today I officially turn 22. One of the plus points of celebrating in the UK is that I get to remain 21 for an additional 7 hours !! *oh-gawd-I-can't-believe-I'm-so-old-already !!* 

I wish I could come up with something funny or witty to post about this belated coming of age 'event', but words just seem to elude me today. 

A huge thank you to all of you who've made my day wonderful. Here are some pictures of a pre-birthday do that I had. Friends, black forest cake and a night of laughs are the best gifts a girl could ever wish for ! 

I was in the mood for some cooking so ... Spinach and ricotta tortellini, basil tomato salad sprinkled with bits of blue cheese and artichoke hearts ... and urm ..that little shriveled up piece of meat is cod btw ( I'm a novice cook... sorry mum! ). I did a cost estimate at the end of the day ... and guess how much all these came up to ? £1.20 tops !! 


There you have it. Frozen black forest cake. Anything to satisfy my craving for cream, cake and chocolateee.. 


And since a lot of you asked for this .. urm. ... concrete evidence of imminent murder ... *cough*  You know I really meant "Obligatory Cake and Birthday Person Picture " right ... ? 



Alrightie ! My assignments want to spend some lovely birthday one-on-one time with me so you really can't say no to stacks of paper screaming for your attention ... 

Toodles !

xoxo,
Jo

11 comments:

smallkucing said...

once again Happy Birthday

scare scare oh....see the knife..kekeke

claire said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JOANNA...

i wish i could join u too...your meal and cake look so sumptuous!!

elin said...

That's my gal....can cook oh ! Clever gal :p
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY ! Can see you are happy eating :)

suituapui said...

Happy Birthday again... Yum! Food looks good...but how's the cake? When I was there, I was really tempted by those frozen cakes they sell at the supermarts. They all looked so nice - but it turned out that they were so very sweet. I ended up having toothaches, so that was it! Didn't get past the first one I bought - the Tia Maria cake... Sobs!

dr1/6 said...

happy birthday jo :) you look amazing with the long hair! i'm so used to you with your short bob =)

JoV said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!! Many happy returns for the day!

Joanna said...

Kathy :
Hahaha .. thanks! It was a real sharp knife ! :P

@claire :
Thank you. Hehe,I'll send you a slice next time :P

@Elin :
Thankies !

@STP :
Thank you. The cake was great actually. Easy peasy. Just leave it out to defrost and it wasn't overly sweet. I don't have a sweet tooth so this cake was slightly sour due to the cherries .. Just nice. :)

@Sarah :
Haha. Thanks ! me in a bob ? Have you confused me with Joanna Marie ?
:P

@JoV :
Thanks so much !

ann low said...

Happy Birthday!

Joanna said...

Anncoo : Hehe. Thank you ! :)

juney said...

:)))))

juney said...

:)))))