Thursday, December 06, 2012

Walls


Do you see the pain behind the practiced smile, do you feel the patience behind the tapping fingers, do you see the holding on in letting go.

Yes, you want me to be the calm, cool collected girl you thought you fell in love with. Would you believe, if I told you she’s still there, under the stormy tumult of frustration, the maze of confusion and the pitfalls of angry disappointments, that cool and calm is what keeps the balance together.

I can’t always be the brutally honest one, and try to chip at your psyche whilst you build more walls to surround your insecurity. It’s unfair to constantly sweep and pile the issues under carpets of ignorance as they rise. Ignoring them isn’t going to make the problem smaller, it’s just going to allow it to collect, and grow and one day the monster will be so huge you’re putty in its hands.  And when that one day comes, it's my fear that I may not be there to slay it with you because I’ve spent all my energy chipping away at the walls you  built. 


Pha That Luang , Vientiane
Laos  



No comments: