Sunday, June 19, 2011

The word papa

A father
loves in ways that words alone cannot describe

A father
sorts things out when tides come crashing into plans and schedules

A father
gets sidelined at times because he's a quiet source of strength

A father
stays strong when our will to push on grows weak

A father
worries but maintains a calm demeanor for his children

A father
takes pride at the tiniest achievements

A father
navigates, leads, nurtures and guides

Shrewd businessman he may be ,
but he sacrifices for family without looking at expected returns

This is for my daddy, grandpa and everyone else ;
single mothers, guardians and caretakers who fit the description of a father ...



Happy Father's Day 
You're MUCH loved ! 



A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman, he turns her back again - Enid Bagnold

6 comments:

suituapui said...

Sobssss!!!! So touching this post.... You've got a wonderful daughter, Jo's papa!

Melody On said...

love this post!

Anonymous said...

Hi baby girl,
No matter how old you are you WILL ALWAYS be my baby girl ... and I always enjoy you calling me dada since you were 2 years old ...luv dada.

Anonymous said...

Hi STP,
Yesss you and I both have wonderful daughters ,
Cheers ! Jo's papa aka The Wild Boar.

Elin said...

Awesome post...I AM JEALOUS !!! LOL

Momsie

Elin Chia said...

By the way I am your 10,000th visitor..so what is my reward??? :)

Congrats reaching the 10,000th visitors to your blog !

Momsie