Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Enough with that !

They say growing up can be a pain. 

Perhaps I'm still a child. Perhaps I'm silly enough that I'll be eaten up whole the moment I'm thrown into the shark pools of the world. Idealism does not a good match for realism make ... 

It's a scary feeling , this. This never knowing who's true, what's real, whom to believe and to try to look through the masks that we all don. It's a huge blow in this dream I've weaved in my ignorance. To be lost for words and yet have so many things pooling around in an over-cluttered mind. I no longer know who you are ..... 

I pray for God's guidance, for wisdom and the strength to pull through the greatest odds. Things will work out, they always do ... 

There will come a time when cotton candy transitions from being a kid's treat to cavity causing devil clouds... perhaps that's what growing up is all about.

4 comments:

juney said...

i love your words. :)
be strong jo! Things are always not as what they seem to be.
<3 much love from me in malaysia

smallkucing said...

It depends how you see it. To some, growing up is fun.

Joanna said...

June :
Thanks sweetie. I really appreciate you dropping by to leave me such sweet thoughts :) much love to you too dear !!

@Kathy :
Yea .. true. It's all in the perspective.. I once read, instead of changing the circumstances, change your own heart first .... :) Thanks :)

Magician said...

be strong, joanna. we do nid grow up, or mayb we can say, we do nid to do smtg we dun wan to do as time pass through. frens are proven by time, juz similar to concept of experiment..we donoe de answer, but only can make conclusion after few times..it is time dependents, joanna. god wan us to treasure wat we hav, but not left it behind when we dun nid it. god shows his brilliant n kindness.