Thursday, May 06, 2010

Gadget lust

My knees are weak, 
My heart dances a rapid tap dance of desire, 
I breathe, but my breath catches,
Pulses flutter,
Nerves collide,

Oh, is this what lust love feels like? 

I really really want an iPad !! Apple released it's long awaited Apple 'tablet' in January this year, and I've been lusting after it since I first laid eyes on the device. Now, I know a lot of people have been saying pretty mean things about the iPad, eg : an iPhone for old people (ageism I tell ya! =p) but I want an iPad just for its iBooks feature. Imagine bright, vivid pages that seem to sparkle alive on the iPad, and then there's the whole cool real time flipping motions that you can get through the iPad. Tap on the right and you turn a page, tap on the left and you go back to the previous page, or hold a finger on a corner and you really get to flip the page 'manually'. 

If you haven't gotten a clear look of this app yet, click on the video below and let Steve Jobs walk you down the lane of seduction.



Now, if that isn't sexy, I don't know what is ! 

6 comments:

suituapui said...

They are pestering me to get an iphone...and I'm already stalling for time. ipad??? *pengsan* Old people techno-phobia! Hahahaha!!!

Joanna said...

@STP:
Haha ... but this one is one very very very delicious gadget. Very hard to pass up! :)

owl_order said...

the ipad's good, but for me i'd prefer the kindle for books... i don't fancy reading tens of thousands of words tightly packed into an LCD screen for hours at a time. for me the ipad's good as a bedside gadget. you know, for lying in bed listening to music, or casual web browsing on a lazy saturday morning, or a bit of gaming to substitute caffeine in the early morning.

the kindle's e-paper screen appeals more to me as a reader. though i have to admit, there's a higher chance of me getting an ipad than a kindle.

Joanna said...

@Wen Qi :
I've been looking at the Kindle for some time now..and whilst the E-Ink technology appeals to me ... it's kinda expensive to pay so much just to read books ... the iPad allows so much more versatility ... but then again, that's just the Asian in me speaking :p ...

The Barnes and Noble's Nook has the same E-Ink tech as the Kindle ... and its touchscreen ... so that one's pretty cool too ...

Joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
owl_order said...

oo. anyway the ipad is coming to singapore soon, probably in july. but who cares, you'll be in UK by then, and UK gets the ipad by 28th may! so if you really are itching for it, well, start saving up ;-)

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/05/nine-countries-get-ipad-on-may-28-nine-more-in-july.ars?utm_source=microblogging&utm_medium=arstch&utm_term=Main%20Account&utm_campaign=microblogging