Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The bravest prayer

Today's smile-inducer : Trust and free falling. 

How many times do we say that we fully trust the word of the Lord, but actually really put into practice whatever comes out of our mouths ? Personally, this prayer would be a challenge for me. It's hard to admit this, but I tend to be a bit of an overachiever. Fast paced lifestyles with close to zero downtime appeals to me, and I get a kick from all that adrenaline rush. It hasn't been a really healthy way of life, not physically, not mentally, and definitely not spiritually. 

I'm relying on this prayer now. As a reminder that when you choose to free fall, don't think of first laying safety nets, because that's just cheating. If He put me on that cliff, He'll catch me when it's time to. 

O God, I beg two favours from you;
let me have them before I die.
First, help me never to tell a lie.
Second, give me neither poverty nor riches !
Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.
For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say " Who is the Lord ?"
And if I am too poor, I may steal and then insult God's holy name.
- Proverbs 30 : 7 - 9 


No comments: