Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I did it !

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit - Helen Keller

Today's Smile-Inducer : I'm basically a private person (I know bloggers can't be 'private', but humour me la ) I'm really happy with my results that I'm doing something I never thought I would do and posting it up here. So don't start throwing your tomatoes so soon...*gulps*. Psst... I saw Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita in Popular today..fingers are itchy but my TBR pile is moaning at the premonition of another sibling to add to the tower ... and not to mention mum would kill me if she reads this ..how? To buy or not to buy ? It's a Penguin Version though...hmm

Ooh ya, if you're wondering what the above title is about ....


I thank the Lord for all the good, the struggles and the lessons that I've amassed so far. I know that a lot of hope and expectations have been invested in me and I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but I didn't break any records in the end. I once read that there are two images in one soul. One is the image that longs to break free and the other is the image that others see. I'm proud now that the person in the mirror and the girl that I am have finally met and agreed that we're one and the same.

The past 4 years has been filled with new discoveries peppered with doubts and what-was-I-thinking moments, but as they say, you walk the paths you choose and make the best out of it, and if you're lucky, you find some time to stop and smell the flowers along the way. One last semester to go and I'll be an engineer. It's scary because like a professor once said, when accountants make a mistake, the books don't balance, but when an engineer makes a mistake, someone dies. *breathe in, breathe out*

This is a celebratory post, so let's throw some confetti, pop a bottle of bubbly .. maybe ... and celebrate because class of 2010 ... a little more to go but for now WE DID IT !!!

Ok. Enough of all that narcissism, I leave you with one of my favourites from Norah Jones. Have a great mid-week !



9 comments:

smallkucing said...

Kung Hei Kung Hei :D

june.yeoh said...

congratuLATIONS jo! :) you excelled all the way from high school till college. guess where you study is not an issue to you. i should stop being miserable at utar. you are a great example.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am Sabrina Rojas, Affiliate Executive of usainstantpayday.com, world’s largest bad credit loans community. I came across to your site and I must say that you have got an amazing site that has attracted a lot of visitors including me. I would be glad if you join our affiliate program because your site has full potential to send traffic to my website.
The highlights of our program are:
1. Absolutely FREE registration.
2. You put up a banner or text link or lead sign up form on your site/blog/forum and send traffic from your site/blog/forum to our website. You can also promote via means of email marketing, PPC, telemarketing, etc
3. We will pay you $25 for each lead. (Affiliates are earning up to $1500 per week with our program)
Please note that we try to contact the leads 7 times before marking it a dead lead.
So what are you waiting for? Join Bad Credit Loans Program and earn dollars!! http://www.usainstantpayday.com
For more questions please visit [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]http://www.usainstantpayday.com[/url]
This Program will definitely help both of us mutually. You send your potential visitors to our site and we pay you for this.
Please note that for doing email marketing you need to approve the email from us as we do not want any kind of spam activities to take place.
Looking forward for a long term business relation
Thanks,

Sabrina Rojas
sabrina@usainstantpayday.com
Affiliate Executive
http://www.usainstantpayday.com

zhen yuan said...

congratulations! you did real well :)

conan_cat said...

walao eh! straight A wei! you must be really quite a good girl aint ya :P

of course, cognratulations!! you've done well, and that's great!

Quinn said...

Joanna,

Congratulations on the outstanding results! Looking at the amount of 'A's, I hope the pressure is not too much on your shoulder. Do update about yourself more when you reach UK. It was nice meeting you, muaks! We are all hardcore girls, engineering rocks!

Joanna said...

Kathy : Tenkiu tenkiu

Juney : You can do it !!

ZhenYuan : :)

Conan_cat : :)

Quinn : Hi!!!! So so nice of you to drop by my blog ! :) LOL. A toast to engineering then !

owl_order said...

hurrah! *runs around like a rabid kid throwing confetti on jo*

Joanna said...

Wen Qi : Hahahahaha. Your enthusiasm is charming and too cute!