Friday, December 30, 2011

In the blink of an eye

It's the eve of the eve of New Year's eve. If I could clip off the wings of time to slow it down, I might not know what to do with all that excess time on my hands so mayhaps I should really leave things as they are and strive for a better year ahead. 

Lots have happened in the past year, sometimes it's hard to believe it's only been a year, because sometimes it feels as if a whole decade has passed, the way I feel. 

Some time back someone told me that he wished he could be 23 again. 23 again. I guess I really am at the cusp of adulthood. Maybe I really can reach out, stretch a little and aim for the stars. Most of all, I need to stop planning, and start living. 

I hope you all find your new year resolutions and keep to them this coming year. I'm not sure how many people still read this, so this account's for myself. One day in 2012, I might stumble upon this post, and draw some strength from the positive energy I feel today. 

More coming, but here's a future toast to the future ! To brighter things , to a better year ! 

It's me who is my enemy, 
Me who beat me up, 
Me who makes the monsters, 
Me who strips my confidence
- Paula Cole 

*clinks glass

5 comments:

Small Kucing said...

go and grasps the Stars while you are still young and able

suituapui said...

Time and tide waits for no man...but there is always the next year to look forward to. All the best in the New Year... Seize the day!

dr1/6 said...

I love your style of writing jo. Your words flow so beautifully. Happy new year to you :)

here's to our wonder years, cheers!

dr1/6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna said...

Kathy : Indeed :) THank u !

STP : Haha. Carpe diem eh ? Thank you and all the best to you too :)

Sarah : Aw thanks dear. :) Happy New Year to you too ! :)